In Israel, persons with disabilities (PWDs) are given “financial’ importance.
They are treated as “work disabled persons” since their earning capacity was reduced due to a work-related injury. They are “paid” every 28th of the month through their respective bank accounts or to the kibbutz or cooperative moshav. The maximum work disability pension per month is NIS 32,8391, and would change every January 1st of the succeeding year in accordance with changes in the Consumer Price Index.
Israel has also established a commission—the Laron Committee—to “examine the integration of disabled people into the job market. And through its recommendations, the National Insurance Law was amended! Among of the points had been about the overall amount received from working and from pension vis-à-vis the amount received from pension alone: income shall increase the more a PWD earns from working. In case the PWD has to stop from working, though, the latter will still receive the disability pension as he or she did before without additional examinations.
Anyone receiving a general disability pension, attendance allowance, benefit for disabled child, mobility allowance, compensation for victims of ringworm, or compensation to polio victims from the National Insurance Institute (NII) is entitled to receive a “disability card.” It can be issued according to the PWD’s language preference—in either Hebrew or English—and can be used for seven years.
The NII will also be the one to determine the degree of disability of a PWD. For instance, if the doctor established an impairment involving the back and an impairment involving the leg, 20% will be allotted for the back impairment while 8% for the leg impairment for a total of 28%.
“When speaking of disabilities, the blind and their needs are most often used as an example. It is deceivingly simplistic since accessibility is something most of the population can benefit from.” ~ Marcus Österberg
1 As of Jan 01, 2014
Video taken from the YouTube Channel of ערוץ של נציבות שוויון זכויות לאנשים עם מוגבלות